(180 words – 1.5 min read)
An honest self-reflection always leads to better resolutions. It is that time of the the year again!
- Wrote more than 100,000 words (75% of the draft)
- Became NAMW member
- Read so many great books
- Listened to coursera writing courses
- Started my blog and love it 🙂
- Attended webinars offered by NAMW
- Attended The Magic of Memoir Conference in Oct in Oakland, CA
- Read many articles in psychological studies to understand human behavior and personalities and how they connect or disconnect in the story of life.
- Learned more about becoming a writer
- Learned more about what I don’t know
2017 Moving forward
- Finishing the first draft (putting memories on paper)
- Editing for version 1 (checking grammar, clarifying sentences, adding dialogue, scenes, and checking the flow of the story)
- Attending “Writing Your Memoir in 6 Months” class by NAMW.
- Reading more books (Including classic novels, memoirs, and modern novels – Psychology books are part of my daily diet)
- Attending local writers clubs
- Focusing on building my platform through social media
- Understanding the publishing process better and getting ready for publishing in early 2018
Happy Holidays and Happy 2017!
Editing Credit: M. Curtis
Picture Credit: https://pixabay.com